The maximum plasma concentration gerald andriole reached after 6.4 after oral administration of trospium chloride. After oral administration is on average 5-18 hours, not accumulates. Binding to plasma proteins is 50-80%. The concentration of trospium chloride with single dose of 20 to 60 mg is proportional to the dose. Report the news, most of the – unchanged, about 10% – in the form spiroalkogolya, the metabolite produced by the hydrolysis of ester bonds.
- urinary incontinence and urgency to urinate (idiopathic detrusor overactivity, with neurogenic overactive (hyperreflexia) detrusor – multiple sclerosis, spinal trauma, congenital and acquired diseases of the spinal cord, stroke, Parkinson’s disease, and others.);
- detrusor-sphincter-dyssynergia against the backdrop of intermittent kateterizma;
- in the treatment of cystitis, accompanied by a peremptory symptoms;
- pollakiuria, nocturia;
- nighttime and daytime enuresis;
- mixed forms of incontinence.
- Hypersensitivity gerald andriole to the drug, the drug’s components;
- urinary retention;
- narrow-angle glaucoma;
- myasthenia gravis;
- up to age 14 years (adequate well-controlled trials of trospium chloride in children has not been).Precautions : cardiovascular system, in which the increase in heart rate can be desirable: tachycardia, congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease; thyrotoxicosis, fever; reflux esophagitis, hiatal hernia, combined with reflux esophagitis; diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, accompanied by obstructive conditions: pyloric stenosis and achalasia; intestinal atony in the elderly or debilitated patients, paralytic ileus; disease with elevated intraocular pressure: the closure and open-angle glaucoma; chronic inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis); dry mouth; renal failure; chronic lung disease, especially in immunocompromised patients; vegetative (autonomic) neuropathy; toxemia of pregnancy; cerebral palsy; Down’s syndrome.Pregnancy and lactation
The use of trospium chloride during pregnancy and lactation is possible only if the expected benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the fetus and child (adequate well-controlled trials of trospium chloride in pregnant women and during lactation has not been) .Dosage and administration:
Tablets are taken before a meal without chewing and drinking plenty of water. Adults and children from 14 years of trospium chloride is administered individually, depending on the clinical picture and severity of the disease. The inside of 10 mg three times a day (30 mg / day) or 15 mg 2-3 times a day (30-45 mg / day). At a daily dose of 45 mg is also acceptable to take 30 mg to 15 mg in the morning and evening. When neurogenic detrusor overactivity trospium chloride appoint 15-20 mg 2 times a day, morning and evening (30-40 mg / day). The average duration of treatment is 2-3 months. After the disappearance of symptoms carrying out anti-treatment is recommended for 2-4 weeks. If necessary, a more long-term therapy, the question of continuing treatment reconsidered doctor every 3-6 months. In patients with renal insufficiency daily dose of trospium chloride should not exceed 20 mg.
The incidence of adverse events gerald andriole (incidence: the number of observations) – frequent: more than 1: 100; infrequent: 1: 100-1000; rare: less than 1: 1000. Cardio-vascular system: rare – tachycardia. On the part of the digestive tract: often – dry mouth, dyspepsia, constipation, nausea. CNS: infrequent – paresis of accommodation. From the urinary system: infrequent – violation of emptying the bladder. Allergic reactions: infrequent – skin rash.
Signs of overdose are reinforced anticholinergic symptoms such as blurred vision, tachycardia, dry mouth and flushing of the skin. Treatment: gastric lavage, and receive adsorbents (activated carbon, etc..), Topical administration of pilocarpine in patients with glaucoma, urinary retention catheterization at. In severe cases – Appointment holinomimetikov (eg, neostigmine). With little effect expressed tachycardia and / or circulatory instability – administration of beta blockers (e.g., propranolol 1 mg intravenously under ECG control and blood pressure).
Interaction with other drugs
increases the amount of amantadine, tricyclic antidepressants, quinidine, antihistamines drugs, disopyramide, beta-agonists.
Before treatment is necessary to exclude organic causes of pollakiuria and urinary incontinence, such as heart or kidney failure, polydipsia, urinary tract tumor.
If any of the functions of the urethra sphincter or detrusor must be ensured the complete liberation of the bladder through the catheter.
The period of treatment should refrain from driving motor vehicles and activities potentially hazardous activities that require high concentration and psychomotor speed reactions.